English

Welcome in the former royal town Uničov! We believe 1 month loan payday loan that you enjoy your visit! This text helps you to learn about all museums in Uničov. We believe that you visit the Jail Museum, Water Gate Museum, the former Grey Friar´s monastery or the Museum of the Baroque.

Jail Museum Šatlava

The original municipal jail (šatlava) was situated in today´s town at the square. The virtuous burghers decided that the jail must be located outside their dwellings and further from the town center.

Building of the „new“ jail directly in the city walls falls into the beginning of 17th century. From this period the name of the adjacent street is known – Šerhovní street (Executor´s street). The oldest preserved parts of the jail date back to the baroque period and contemporary look of Šatlava i a result of building improvement in 1890s.

Until 18th century town of Uničov had the autority to judge the most serious (capital) crimes and give the dech sentences. Executions of the convicts were carried out by town executioner beyond the borders of the town. In 19th century this authority was passed to state and Uničov became the seat of the District Court. Since then only the less serious offenders (theft, prostitution, vagrancy) have been „accommodated“ there. The last involuntary „occupiers“ left Šatlava in 1945. The building was then used as an archive. Between 2009 and 2010 the extensive reconstruction was realized and the Jail Museum was built.

Five cells are situated in the ground floor. The paintings, insriptions and writings on the walls and on the ceilings were created by prisoners. You can also see various torture tools which were necessary equipment of each executioner. You can try on so called „Spanish boot“.

First floor houses four cells from the middle of 19th century. Other rooms here are the jail chapel for correction of the prisoners, the office for the guards and separte office for the jail commandant.

Lecture theatre where the public lectures a courses are held is situated in the loft.

Opening hours:

September – June: WE, TH, FR 14:00-17:00 SU 10:00-12:00 12:30-17:00

July – August: TU-SU 10:00-12:00 12:30-17:00

Tel.: +420 734 513 953

e-mail: satlava@unicov.cz

Entrance: 40 CZK/ reduced 20 CZK (students, retiree above 60 years)/ children until 6 years, disabled free/ Family (2 adults and max. 3 children until 15 years) 100 CZK/ Olomouc Region Card free/ Sunday´s ticket (all museums in Uničov) 50/25 CZK

 

Water Gate Museum

Since 1993 the museum has been housed in the former town armoury. The building was built in Renaissance (1575-1585) near the gate for pedestrians.

Permanent exhibits focus on the mayors of Uničov since 18th until 20th century. Their portraits there are in the ground floor.

The town´s and region´s rich history since prehistory until 20th century show there is in the first floor. Exposition´s part is devoted to the history of professional societies in Uničov in 19h century.

Opening hours:

September – June: SU 14:00-17:00

July – August: SU 10:00-12:00 12:30-17:00

Tel.: +420 734 513 953

Entrance: 20 CZK/ reduced 10 CZK (students, retiree above 60 years)/ children until 6 years, disabled free/Olomouc Region Card free/ Sunday´s ticket (all museums in Uničov) 50/25 CZK

 

Monastery of the Friars Minor by the church of the Elevation of the Saint Cross

The monastic tradition sets the foundation of the monastery in the year 1330. The first written mention of the closter is from the year 1381.

The Friars Minor were given ground at the periphery of the town by the town walls. The building ran in stages and the important donators apart from the town as such were family of the lords of Sovinec and Pňovice.

During the Hussite wars the monastery was severely damaged. The order as such was not socially popular but in spite of that teh Uničov Friars Minor served catholic services. In 1455 a Latin transcript of the so-called Uničov Bible was completed. In the years of 1531 and 1595 the monastery succumbed to great fires of the town.

The monastery was not resettled until 1620. The improvement of a position of the order in the 18th century was accompanied by a building boom. The interiors were decorated by significantMoravian artist of that time. The pulpit and the altar statues were made by G. A. Heinz. The frescos in the vestry nad the main altar picture are works of Uničov native, painter Ignác Oderlický.

The monastery which endured Joseph II´s reforms was cancelled at its own request by a court office certificate in 1815. After the year 1815 the Uničov main school was palced into the monastery buildings.

In the years 1911-1912 there was an overhaul of the church and it was opened for the public. In The 60´s the church was definitely closed and as early as in 1963 the Municipality rented it as a vegetable storage. In 1974 the town assented to adapt the church and make it a concert hall, festively open in 1983.

Opening hours:

September – June: SU 14:00-17:00

July – August: SU 10:00-12:00 12:30-17:00

Tel.: +420 734 513 953

Entrance: children until 6 years, disabled free/Olomouc Region Card free/ Sunday´s ticket (all museums in Uničov) 50/25 CZK

 

Museum of the Baroque

The museum was founded after a reconstruction of a listed building of a local rectory. The house was probably built after fire in the year 1779. During the war period, it was used as a store room. Besides a continuous exposition of Uničov baroque, the personality of John Sarkander, who lived and worked in the town for a short time, is introduced there.

Opening hours:

May – September: TU – SAT 9:00-12:00 14:00-17:00 SU 9:30-11:30 14:00-17:00

October – April: SU 9:30-11:30 14:00-17:00

Tel.: +420 602 395 271

Entrance: 2 €/ reduced 1 € (students, retiree above 60 years)/ children until 6 years, disabled free/ Sunday´s ticket (all museums in Uničov) 50/25 CZK/ guided tour in church 20 CZK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Městské informační centrum | Městská galerie
Masarykovo náměstí 29, Uničov 78391
telefon: 585 054 880
mobil: 603 996 312
e-mail: mic@unicov.cz

Otevírací hodiny: 

pondělí
- pátek
 8:30 - 12:00
12:30 - 16:30 
sobota  10:00 - 17:00 
neděle 10:00 - 17:00

 

Další akce